1. Four (4) Representatives from the local faculty union
2. Four (4) Representatives from the local support staff union
3. Two (2) Representatives from IGNITE
4. The Director of Human Resources (Director of OE)
5. Two Management representatives
6. The Director, Human Rights, Equity, & Diversity (staff)
7. Two Representatives from the Centre for Human rights, Equity & Diversity
8. One Member from Guelph-Humber
The committee shall have 2 co-chairs, one chosen by the College representatives, and one by the Local Unions. The co-chairs will function as a coordinating committee and will plan meetings, set agendas, and take turns chairing the meetings and responsibility for the minutes.
To ensure continuity and facilitate transition representatives of the Faculty Union, the Support Staff Union and IGNITE may serve up to 4 years on the EDI Committee. However periodic rotation of members is important to foster committee renewal and change agents within the College. While periodic rotation of members is important to foster community renewal and change agents within the College, the union locals however reserve the right to extend the tenure of representatives with the agreement of the Director, Centre for Human Rights, Equity & Diversity, and such agreement shall not be unreasonably withheld.
Any member may with the consent of the committee invite an additional person(s) to attend the meeting to provide specific additional information and comment regarding a matter on the agenda, but the guest may not participate in the regular business of the committee.
Ad Hoc or Sub Committees may be formed to deal with specific projects or issues related to the mandate of the EDI Committee. The committee will endeavour to ensure that all stakeholders are adequately represented when forming such groups.
The Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee will conduct an annual evaluation process that assesses the accomplishments of the annual business plan.